Getting Started With Dashlane on iOS
One of the benefits of Dashlane (check out our overview hereLINK) is the fact that it offers multi-device support, meaning you can sync your passwords and saved information across your browser, phone, and desktop. In this article, we’ll show you how to get Dashlane on your phone and sync it with your existing account.
Setting up your Dashlane app
- Open your Dashlane app
- Click log-in and enter your email address.
Note: Dashlane will send you a verification code to the email address you used to sign up for Dashlane.
- Enter your verification code
- Enter Your Master Password
- Click on “Connect my computer” on the next screen.
- On your desktop, go to Dashlane.com/addweb (make sure you’re using the browser that has the Dashlane extension installed)
Note: When you go to the webpage, you should see this message (and you should already have the browser extension installed.
- On your mobile device, hit done.
- Confirm that you’ve logged into Dashlane on your computer.
- You’re now ready to use Dashlane!
Setting Up Autofill With Dashlane
Autofill is one of Dashlane’s (and any good password managers) most essential features. It will detect when you’re logging into a site or app and prompt you to fill in the appropriate text field with the right password. Basically, it turns entering complex passwords into a one-click process, without compromising on quality. Here’s how to get started (you can continue right from the previous set-up process)
- Go to your iPhone’s settings
- Click on Passwords and Accounts (or just Passwords on some iPhones)
- Enter your iPhone’s password
- Click on Autofill Passwords
- Click on Dashlane
Note: Your phone will already have Apple Keychain selected as an autofill option. Choosing Dashlane adds Dashlane and doesn’t replace Keychain. If you want to remove Keychain, just click it to deselect it.
Dashlane will now autofill your login fields using your saved passwords across your synced passwords.