NordVPN is our recommended VPN and available with our Strong Privacy Bundle. It’s very easy to use, setup, and even lets you set your “location” so, in addition to providing privacy for your browsing and online activity, you can even access websites and content (from, say Netflix), that’s only available in specific regions or countries.
Here’s how to get started.
Note: If you bought The Privacy Bundle, follow the instructions sent to you by email to activate NordVPN following installation.
- Go to the App Store.
- Search NordVPN.
- Click on Get, then Install. (It may take some time to install.)
- After the install is finished, click Open.
Setting up NordVPN
- Open NordVPN.
- Agree to the terms stated in the following intro screen.
Note: If you don’t want your aggregated, anonymous diagnostic data shared, click on “Agree to required” (the second option). The first option agrees to all, even if you don’t have the last term clicked.3.
- Click “Sign Up” on the top right of the application.
Note: If you used an activation code from our Strong Privacy Bundle, you’ll have already created a login. If that’s the case, click “log-in” instead and enter your email and password.
- Set up your account by entering your email address and creating a password for the account.
- If/when prompted, enter your Keychain password to be able to give NordVPN VPN configurations.
- Click on “Allow” when prompted about NordVPN wanting to add VPN configurations.
After you hit “Allow”, NordVPN will minimize and continue running the background. You’re now using NordVPN!
By default, NordVPN will use the best connection available (likely in the US if you’re in the US) but you can choose the country you want to route your traffic through.
To disconnect, just hit the “Disconnect” button in the top right corner.
You can also use the NordVPN toolbar drop-down to disconnect, quickly connect, or choose the country you want to connect through. You can also access your preferences and settings there.
To learn more about NordVPN and what it offers, check out our overview here.